S12 Best Class Setup, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Weapon Guide (Best Game Strategy)
The S12 is the second shotgun you unlock in Black Ops 2 as soon as you unlock create-a-class. It is the only semi-automatic shotgun in Black Ops 2 with a very high fire rate cap which you are unlikely to hit. As with every shotgun you only have a limited range beyond which pallets disappear and you cannot get a hitmarker. Also the pallet spread becomes slightly tighter when you aim down the sights of the S12 which can be useful when enemies are further away.
Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/lXCLDS_jUjo
S12 Best Strategy
When using the S12 you have to manoeuvre the map so that you only encounter enemies at close range. This is the most difficult aspect of using shotguns. Use the mini map to get an impression of where the enemies are likely to be and try to evade enemies that have spotted you but are too far away. It is also tough to take on more than two enemies at the same time, unless they have their back towards you, so in combat put cover between you and any enemies you aren’t currently shooting at. If you don’t have a choice in taking on an enemy at the edge of your effective range aim down the sights to increases your chances of winning. But if enemies are close it is better to fire from the hip to increases your mobility which makes you much harder to hit.
S12 Best Perks
The perks I found most useful with the S12 where Ghost, Toughness, Dexterity and Tactical Mask. Because you have to be close to enemies you will often have to flank the enemy team. Ghost will stop a UAV from uncovering your flanking manoeuvre and ensure that enemies can’t get ready for you. You often have to shoot at enemies multiple times so when they shoot back at you flinching will often cause you to miss. Use Toughness to reduce the impact flinching has on your aim. Dexterity makes it easier to climb and lets you get ready for enemies much faster after sprinting. Often when you flank enemies they have set up counter measures to try and stop you from shooting them in the back. Tactical mask prevents you from being trapped by tactical equipment.
Fast mag reduces the time it takes to reload the S12. I found that this can be useful when enemies come at you in waves, but fast mag doesn’t help if you run out of ammunition in the middle of a gun fight. The stock increases your movement speed whilst aiming. This makes strafing much more effective and lets you get close to enemies easier whilst aiming down the sights. But both of these situations are unusual and should be avoided as much as possible since even with the stock you will be hard pressed to win such engagements.
The suppressor is a potent attachment for the S12. You have to keep in mind that your range is somewhat reduced so you need to be closer to enemies. Use cover and restrain from firing when you are too far away to make sure you get close enough to get the kill. With the suppressor you will be best off in the flank or coming up from behind enemies. Pick them off one by one as their teammates usually won’t know you are there. Quickdraw lets you aim down the sights faster with the S12. This is another powerful attachment to the S12 allowing you to be much more accurate very quickly even after sprinting. When using it aim down the sights straight away and often you will get a one hit kill instantly.
The S12 has two optical attachments. The reflex sight makes it slightly easier to aim and the MMS can show you enemies through walls. Neither of those features are particularly useful when you are aggressive and at close range and the iron sights are easy enough to use that I don’t recommend using an optical attachment on the S12.
S12 Best Class Setup
The long barrel increases the range of the S12 making it an all-around better weapon. The laser sight gives you a tighter hip fire spread. This reduces the accuracy loss of firing from the hip compared to aiming down the sights without having to give up any much needed mobility. However, it is still a good idea to aim down the sights at the very last part of the S12’s range. Extended clip lets you take on more enemies one after another. I often ran out of shells in the magazine when I had to take out more than two enemies in quick succession, but with extended clip you can easily take out three or more enemies without reloading.
Tags: auluftwaffles, Best Attachments, best Class Setup, Best Perks, Black Ops 2, Black Ops 2 Best Class Setup, Call of Duty, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Weapon Guide, Games, gaming, guide, S12, S12 Best Attachments, S12 best Class Setup, S12 Best Perks, S12 Shotgun, S12 Weapon Guide, video game guides, Video Games
- Set up the Mirror System Properly – The Sunstone – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt May 22, 2015
- Sneak onto the Emperor’s Flagship – Veni Vidi Vigo – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt May 22, 2015
- Find the Missing Part of the Mechanism – The Great Escape – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt May 22, 2015
- Sneak into the Stables – Payback – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt May 22, 2015
- Find the Next Passage in Frozen Village – Through Time and Space – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt May 22, 2015
- Sparking Economic Growth auluftwaffles.com/2015/08/01/spa… 1 year ago
- Set up the Mirror System Properly - The Sunstone - The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: youtu.be/0nCt0t1ZWSQ?a via @YouTube 2 years ago
- Set up the Mirror System Properly – The Sunstone – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt youtube.com/watch?feature=… auluftwaffles.com/2015/05/22/set… 2 years ago
- Sneak onto the Emperor's Flagship - Veni Vidi Vigo - The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: youtu.be/TL3R-Phs_Bo?a via @YouTube 2 years ago
- Sneak onto the Emperor’s Flagship – Veni Vidi Vigo – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt auluftwaffles.com/2015/05/22/sne… http://t.co/8GRkk9VbwA 2 years ago
- Find the Missing Part of the Mechanism - The Great Escape - The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: youtu.be/NNEcLHlrJvQ?a via @YouTube 2 years ago
- Find the Missing Part of the Mechanism – The Great Escape – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt auluftwaffles.com/2015/05/22/fin… http://t.co/EMtERgjZIb 2 years ago